Help EE psychology topic :<

Erasmusrasmus

Hey so I'm writing my EE on psychology and my title is: The interaction between evolutionary processes and socio-cultural factors in adult, heterosexual human mate preferences.
I'm already writing it and I feel its too descriptive... I've looked for studies but there really are none to be found on the relationship between say, conformity and mate preferences so what I've done is used findings from "traditional" conformity studies and applied the findings to help explain how conformity relates to mate preferences. I'm just confused... its either very bad or good. Please help ^^ Any pointers on the title are also appreciated!

Edited by Erasmusrasmus

Could you maybe go more depth into how you will explore this question? Currently what I am interpreting is that you will compare and contrast some natural drive for a mate (nature) versus influences from your environment, socio economic status and culture (nurture), and whether or not people are affected by these factors in their choices.
This seems like it could huge into a huge essay if you are not careful. Give of some of what you have written!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hii! I'm sorry I've been so busy with stuff not related to EE for the past few months my EE has really been the last thing on my mind! Yeah your interpretation is spot on ^^.

To elaborate:

My body will consist of three different sections, one dealing with the formation of mate preferences, another with their maintenance/preservation and the last one dealing with individual differences. I decided to include the last one as its a major "criticism", per say, of the evolutionary explanation of human mate preferences. It also allows me to show how socio-cultural factors may influence individual mate preferences (e.g. social learning theory, normative influence etc.)

In each part of the body I will talk about both the social and evolutionary explanation, use a few supporting studies and compare them.

I hope this cleared somethings up! I'm just confused at whether its a good topic or not :/.