How cool is Bus. & Man.?

hs_15

I do HL Business & Management! :D I would say it's a fairly good choice and a useful subject too, as no matter where you end up working it'll pretty much definitely be a business! I suppose it might not be that relevant depending on what job you want in the future though - I don't see how much use it will be to an aspiring scientist or something. However, there is a ton of content to learn.. but you can probably get by even if you don't learn the content - a lot of it is common sense, logic and thinking practically of the situation/case study you're given in the exams when you're answering the questions. :)

The other really practical part of the B&M course is the IA, which I really wish I had spent more time on… I think it's kind of time consuming? A large part of succeeding in the IA is making sure you find a really good business with nice owners who are actually interested in what you're researching, and you need to have a really good research question. So I think B&M is quite practical, especially since in exams you have to apply content/knowledge specifically to the case studies.. and it can also be quite useful for future life, though this would vary depending on your future aspirations. :)

• Like 1

Guest B.E.P.

I would just like to say that I found Economics much more interesting. Although, at my school, there was always a strife between the people who took Economics and the people who took Business and Management in terms of interest.