Sign in to follow this  

Presentation ToK Presentation Help!

My KI is 'how does majority opinion change our perception of the truth?'. The problem is, I don't have a suitable real-life situation. Could anyone give me any suggestions? And help with how to go about this?

Well, first off, you definitely need to find a real-life situation. After reading that question and seeing the words 'majority opinion' my first thought was like societal views on politics, race, sexuality or something.., but i don't know how well that would fit since they're more broad and not a specific situation... My suggestion would just be to read the news, read lots of articles, and try to find a situation that fits the KI. I don't think it's advisable to start working on the KI/presentation itself without first finding the real life situation.

Although some people like to find the KI before the real-life situation, I personally think it might be a better idea to find a real life situation that involves knowledge first, and then formulate the KI.

So if you really want to stick with your KI, you need to find a real-life situation first. If you can't find one, then it might be a better idea to find a situation first and then formulate a KI. :)

Okay, this was my real-life situation before I formulated my KI, I'm just confused whether its satisfactory :/
When talking to some friends about an old MUN, I realized that their opinion of a particular committee was very different from what I remembered it to be. I initially wondered what basis these judgements had, for I was in that committee and they weren't I eventually realized that the committee was portrayed in such a light in the Press issue, which they had evidently read and believed. If everyone in the MUN based all their knowledge of other committees on the Press articles, they would all form the same opinions, irrespective of how accurately the articles actually portrayed events. Thus, the truth would be forgotten, or at least become the minority opinion, for majority of people believe what has been told to them.

Is it okay or should I change it?