Sign in to follow this  

Psych EE - MLA or APA?

So Im confused as to whether I should be citing in MLA or APA. My supervisor said (well I think he said) that since psychology is a social science, we should cite with MLA but doesnt APA literally stand for American Psychological Association? Did I maybe write it down wrong? What is everyone else using for psychology?

My psychology teacher prefers MLA, but then again so do all the teachers in my school. I've never had to use APA in my life. I would stick to MLA, but maybe that's just me :hmmm:

Although it does seem logical to use APA, it doesn't really seem to matter which. In the end of the day if your supervisor wants you to use MLA, then it might be worthwhile using that, just for simplicity and the fact that he can give you any help with the citing if you need it. Personally my school uses Harvard so I don't have any experience with either and hence cant recommend one of them