Stefany

Hey guys, so I was going to write my EE in history over the topic of what tactics the Nazis used to prevent Jews from fighting back against them however the few uprisings there were contradicted my question so I thought of making it into a 'To what extent...' question but realized the Holocaust IS overdone. As I was researching new topics for history I came across the Hama massacre and thought of writing my EE on that, my question being 'To what extent was the Syrian Army taking advantage of their power' or something along those lines. I could really use your opinions on this topic and any help anybody could give, I know my question isn't great but it's just a start!

You're right in changing from the Holocaust as it really is overdone, the Hama massacre should be a good topic that isn't overdone. But, I think 'taking advantage of their power' isn't really history and is bordering on human rights. For it to be history, you should really analyse things like causes, consequences, success, failures or reasons for different interpretations of historical events. So maybe something along the lines of: To what extent was the Syrian Army's actions the cause of the Hama Massacre? or How did the Syrian Army impact the outcome of the Hama Massacre? Then you could still talk about the army taking advantage of their power, and it will be more of a history EE. Also, make sure you've read the history and general sections of the Official Extended Essay Guide.

It's a good start though, I think you're topic certainly has potential as it's not a very common one.

• 6 months later...

You're right in changing from the Holocaust as it really is overdone, the Hama massacre should be a good topic that isn't overdone. But, I think 'taking advantage of their power' isn't really history and is bordering on human rights. For it to be history, you should really analyse things like causes, consequences, success, failures or reasons for different interpretations of historical events. So maybe something along the lines of: To what extent was the Syrian Army's actions the cause of the Hama Massacre? or How did the Syrian Army impact the outcome of the Hama Massacre? Then you could still talk about the army taking advantage of their power, and it will be more of a history EE. Also, make sure you've read the history and general sections of the Official Extended Essay Guide.

It's a good start though, I think you're topic certainly has potential as it's not a very common one.

i want to use the syrian topic as well since i am syrian and i have a good background but any suggestions of making it maybe a political or geographical topic ? can you guide me write a question for those topics ?

i want to use the syrian topic as well since i am syrian and i have a good background but any suggestions of making it maybe a political or geographical topic ? can you guide me write a question for those topics ?

We cannot give you a topic. Pick a subject that you want to do your EE in (you have made multiple posts on here saying you want it in geography) and read the guidelines for that, then think up some questions yourself. If you choose to do it in history, remember that none of the events in your EE can have occurred within the past ten years. Once you do that we can give you feedback, but until then we can't do any of the work for you because that's something you're graded on and doing that would be cheating. Don't be lazy please.