HELP pleeeease psychology extended essay (ee) sports motivation

qwert

Hey!

I have my finals may 2014 so I start my IB2 year now. I would need some help with my extended essay.

my topic is about sports motivation, so would this question be to broad ? :

How does motivation affect competetive sports performances, and how does it differ in age groups?

Would anyone have ideas how to get a better question, detailed and not to broad, but a question which would give me a chance to write a lot ?

I dont really have any idea how to start or what to do so please give me some ideas how to get my ee started and finnished!

So I don't do psychology, but I can tell straightaway that your question is way, way too broad. There are many different types of "motivation" and "Competitive sports performances" could refer to any number of sports and events! I would recommend that you perhaps pick a specific sport, and you might also find that that would still be too broad. Perhaps you would also need to pick a specific type of motivation.

Once you've narrowed down your topic to a much more specific research question it'll probably be much better :)

• Like 1

I should also add that this is a really popular EE topic. This shouldn't put you off as such, but if an examiner has read loads of EEs on sports motivation before, then they'll know what a really good essay is and yours may be held to that standard somewhat. So if you think you can absolutely smash this essay then go for it - but if you've got any ideas which are less frequently written about and you aren't 100% confident on the sports one, it might just be worth thinking about it.