who created maths HL?

how should i 'gain' the critical thinking?

Practice, practice and even more practice. Did I mention practice? ;)

While a lot of the questions do require a lot of thinking, there are a lot of things that seem to come up fairly often. Knowing how to approach certain problems can make simplify things a lot, especially with things like integration. For me, seeing a question/concept for the first time can be challenging to tackle, but one you've gotten used to the methods it can become easier to recognize and work out. It's obviously not an easy thing, but I do believe you can at least improve with practice, as you become more familiar with the overall format.

Not sure what you mean by who invented it, but as far as I know there's a number of examiners who set each of the papers, which can change from year to year. No idea who, but I presume they are balancing the questions they set so it's appropriate, as you do with any exam. The subject was never "invented" so to speak though, they just set the syllabus and write questions according to it.

A group of evil old people wanting to see children suffer created HL math. Loljk

But from what people who took HL math told me, the best way to gain "critical thinking" especially in math is to do a lot of different types of problems. The topics can be phrased/asked in several different ways, and the key to doing them is to learn what approach you need in order to answer the question. Take integration for example. It can be very simple, or you may need to use some sort of substitution which you'll learn to recognize the more you do. They might not even tell you to integrate something, but it may be what you have to do in order to solve a problem and get an answer. Do as many past papers as you can, and you'll start to see what kinds of questions they will ask, and with any luck you'll get your critical thinking. :)