Does your school offer PE class in Grade11&12?

the Teddy Piano

Yeah I didn't have room for it after grade 9 when it was considered mandatory. and considering there is no IB PE class at my school I couldn't do both. IB also assumes that you will be active due to your CAS activities so it perhaps believes school time is better spent with traditional academic pursuits.

At my school we had to take a PE class through our 10th grade year per state graduation requirements. After that we could take it as an elective if we wanted to. There's no IB PE class (lol HL Gym where the IA would be like to run a 10k? :P) Perhaps your school has a little time block where you get a break and can exercise, or maybe just find a gym and exercise on your own.

No, but I wish there was! As much as I hated dressing out for gym in 9th and 10th grade, I really do miss it. It was a great class to blow off steam and cut loose with your friends when one of your IB teachers ticks you off or gives you a pop test or something. They need an IB gym it would be cool. Something where you don't need to be an athlete to pass, maybe like an SL course LOL.

We had to do PE grade 9 ~ 12. You have the option to drop PE for the last semester of grade 12.

But, if you don't have enough PE credit (attendance), you can't graduate in my school.

I missed a lot of classes because I was recovering from an appendix surgery so I probably can't drop it. : (

Well if you mean PE as an IB subject then nope. However there are usually various clubs, tournaments or sport related events around my school that a person could do - and they would count for CAS or be simply for personal interest.

I didn't think IB offered PE. Also, Action is compulsory in CAS so in a way sport or PE is required.

I don't go to an all IB school, so the program is optional. Here, IB starts in grade 11, so for 9 and 10 it's like any other school. PE is required year 9, but if you want the additional PE classes in 10, 11, and 12, classes for weightlifting and "outdoor adventure" are available.

• 2 weeks later...