Sign in to follow this  

German music suggestion?

I was wondering if anyone has some good German musician/band to suggest. I am a big fan of jazz, blues and rock 'n' roll, but will give a shot to any band suggested. No genre discrimination ;) Thanks!

The only modern, pretty well known band I can think of is Ramstein, but already probably know them. I generally listen to "OldFashioned" music you might say ;) I could suggest this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0lUXnAs-U
Its kind of a cliche song for WWII, but it was immensely popular with both Axis and Allied troops. If you have ever seen the old WWII/Partizanski film "Balkan Ekspres" (With Dragan Nikolic, Tanja Boskovic) its in the movie like 3 times...
Anyway I don't have much past Prussian military marches and Richard Wagner when it comes to German music.

I can't say I've heard much German music that I've ever liked (possibly lack of exposure...), although I'm a fan of Peter Fox. Favourite track below (although also probably the wrong genre!):

And the album its from. Then that's the sum total of my German music XD

If anybody recognises it at all, Plan B used exactly the same sample track for Ill Manors. But I think we all know which is better... much as I love Plan B (I actually do).

• Like 1