Pre IBDP Preparation

good afternoon students! i'm starting the IB in September and I have some questions:

-I'm not very good at English, but I'm going to live in England and I hope to improve my English in 3-4 months It could be difficoult to study for me? (My level is FCE: First Certificate in English)

-Do you suggest me to study something before starting my IB: my subjects are: Italian HL, English SL, French SL, Maths HL, Environmental systems and societies SL, Economics HL.

thank you for your time and I hope to receive answers soon!!

Guest Maitri Fischer

Ah ... You'll be fine!
I remember a classmate of mine that was Russian and had the same level of English as your certificate, he managed just fine. You will have to put in work into growing your vocabulary, but the command of the English language is only a grading criteria in English class. Anyway you;ll grow into it if you are surrounded by the English language.

best of luck

To prepare for your DP, at this stage: Get plenty of sleep, eat well, have fun. Enjoy your summer. ..while you can. Work hard when you are actually in the IB, rather than depleting them now on practice that may have little consequence later. You'll need to learn where to channel your energies once you have grasped the curriculum requirements, which is best done when you have been thrown in.

That's the best prep. advice I can give right now.

See Gaby's thread in another pre-IB forum. She says it all.

Edited by Blackcurrant