English EE on Flannery O'Connor HELP!

Rasiel

So here's the story, I've just recently begun working on my EE and I'm not sure if my research question is a valid one. My reserach question is: How does Flannery O’Connor contrast images of the grotesque and the graceful in “Good Country People”, “Enoch and the Gorilla” and “A Good Man is Hard to Find"?

Thing is, That I'm not comparing and contrasting all three short stories together but simple evaluating each of these short stories on their own along the terms of grotesque and grace and I was wondering if this is even valid?

I'm so nervous and I don't want to do it the wrong way.

Edited by Rasiel

Looking at the EE guide in relation to group one EE's I'd say that a key component of an English Extended Essay, especially with your title, is comparison between the works. You can have an individual analysis of each work itself, but a comparison and contrast between the works is good. You could discuss the reasons why the theme/imagery differs between the works, and why this might be. You'd have to relate the images in each novel to the main themes of the novel, and thus why the author has chosen to use the imagery in that specific way (as I'm guessing that O'Connor uses the imagery to a different effect in each novel).

• Like 1