Sign in to follow this  

Biology lab help

Hi I need help for IB design biology lab i know that i shouldn´t be asking is just that all the methods i have think off i can't use it because on my school they don't count with the equipments i need for the idea i had. The topic is factors that affect the color of the leaves. Thanks in advance if you want to help.

Guest Maitri Fischer

You say you are working on the topic of 'Factors that affect the color of leaves'. Is this a spring-summer-fall-winter type investigation, or is it about the many different colored leaves that some plants have? Also, what methods are those that you have considered but can't do due to a lack of equipment? if you don't tell us that, how can we help you find alternatives?

In most cases you can make or get the equipment yourself.

Good luck

Well, if you are talking about the color of the leaves, I am guessing you are talking about chlorophyll concentration in the leaves? I've read that there are factors that will change the amount of chlorophyll that can be produced, such as lack of nutrients or the change in the temperature. I dont know but, to me, it seems like a simple enough experiment where you can measure rate of photosynthesis, which would supposedly reflect the amount of chlorophyll. (it's easier to test on aquatic plants, as they produce oxygen that can be collected)

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.