Extended Essay on history help!

jewelz1

Hey guys I started doing research on my topic which is the sino-indian war and it's pretty hard to find information on. I have time I think to look at another topic to see if i can find more research. Anyone have any ideas on an ee history topic possibly concerning china, japan, india, etc other asian countries that i can find a good amount of research on?

Thanks a lot :)

I will tell you about the topic I wish I wrote my EE on. Its one of the most surprising pieces of history you can find for someone who didn't study history in China.

Look at the "Opium Wars" between China and England. It ties together India, China and England in an epic historical saga. Essentially England was buying massive amounts of tea from China, the problem was the Chinese were not purchasing nearly as much British goods. England's silver reserves were being drained as their powerful obsession with tea continued. The solution was of questionable morals. English merchants assisted by the government took Opium grown in India and sold it to China. It was the only cargo that moved, the problem was that it was illegal in China... It got very very messy after this. I suggest you look into it!
This documentary covers it very well, despite not being about just the Opium wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX1POB-31wU

• Like 1