World Lit Advice Pleasee (HL)

If you are asking what to write, then no one can tell you that without doing the essay for you.

Some basic hints and common pitfalls to avoid - most of these are obvious, but often ignored or forgotten in the writing:

1. Define the terms of your question, early on. "Misguided" and "deception" for example. What is meant here and how do these terms apply to THIS play?

2. Make frequent direct reference to the text. Refer to specific passages and lines. Quote whenever appropriate. This will help you be more precise and keep an appropriate focus on textuality (rhetoric)

3. Never treat the characters as real personalities and give psychological explanations or take a sociological approach. keep this firmly in mind.

3. This is a play. Think and write in terms of an audience viewing and hearing the play. Not readers! Discuss the conventions of DRAMA, not those of fictional prose or non-fiction.

How is this for a start?

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 2

Yeah I wasnt counting on getting my essay written by someone else anyway

Thanks for the tips!

Since Miss Julie is a character made as realistically as possible (through the authors use of naturalism, and his portrayal of julie as a psychological puzzle), why should i not treat her character as "personality with psychological explanations"?
It would be pretty hard to exclude that..

What my teacher told me about WL essay is always to emphasize that you are writing about a literary work and literary characters. Avoid the impression that you are writing about living people. When you are writing about anything in your essay always try to answer the question why did the autor write like this -> why he uses specyfic words, symbols, what he wants to show by the behaviour of any character..

Good luck.

• Like 2