Sign in to follow this  

Economics EE on Cinema

Im doing my economics ee on a particular cinema theater in a small town,where there is great demand for movies. I have troubles framing a question for this topic, please help me in framing a research question . Thank you !!

Im doing my economics ee on a particular cinema theater in a small town,where there is great demand for movies. I have troubles framing a question for this topic, please help me in framing a research question . Thank you !!

what exactly do you want to investigate or write upon? you gotta be clear.. is there any specific area which you want to cover? the monopoly of this theatre? the employment in your area because of it? or just something like that.. decide first.. and i think you should hurry up now.. its about time you picked the topic..

Thanks for the reply ! Well,thats where im stuck,i prefer doing it in microeconomics and something to do within the theatre due to easier primary research.I could compare it with a theatre in a city but then im not sure if they would give me the data. So what could i do?

Thanks for the reply ! Well,thats where im stuck,i prefer doing it in microeconomics and something to do within the theatre due to easier primary research.I could compare it with a theatre in a city but then im not sure if they would give me the data. So what could i do?

exactly! micro was the main issue for me,, except, in my case, i prefer macro but there's more relevant data from the primary research in micro and i think that makes is easier to work with..okay something just came to my mind, it could be a bit too simple, but what about the price elasticity? by what amount has the demand for movies changed as a result of a rise in the prices of movie tickets? think about it.. but the main thing is, you may have to get financial data so before moving ahead, find out if it is available..

yeah i have easy access to all the financial data ,that wont be a problem, and elasticity is a good topic,i could probably connect it to other aspects in micro too :)