IB Maths SL

LXY

I don't know if anybody has done it, although I'm sure someone has. I think with dedication, hard work and focus it could be done. It would also depend on your ability to do maths too – I'm struggling with what we need to do over the two years but that's because maths and I fell out when I went into high school xP I think if you're willing to give it a shot (and find a teacher willing to explain some concepts) it might work. It's a lot to do though, my teacher says it's already difficult to fit the syllabus into the two years! You also need to keep in mind that your other subjects are also going to be demanding and that you'll need to spend time on each of them. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

I don't know if anybody has done it, although I'm sure someone has. I think with dedication, hard work and focus it could be done. It would also depend on your ability to do maths too – I'm struggling with what we need to do over the two years but that's because maths and I fell out when I went into high school xP I think if you're willing to give it a shot (and find a teacher willing to explain some concepts) it might work. It's a lot to do though, my teacher says it's already difficult to fit the syllabus into the two years! You also need to keep in mind that your other subjects are also going to be demanding and that you'll need to spend time on each of them. Best of luck to you!

Thanks!

I actually did that this year (and got a 7). It wasn't that hard since I'm in Math HL and we'd covered a lot of the SL content. I did nearly every single past paper (including the different time zones) and that helped tremendously. So my advice would be that you go for it if you're willing to put some extra time into doing past papers. Also, remember that the IA's count for 20% of your grade so you should put some time and effort into those.

• Like 1

Math SL is quite simple in terms of content. The only tricky part about it is that it covers a diverse amount of material (unlike AP Calc), but it seems to only scratch the surface of most topics. If you don't make stupid mistakes (the mark boundaries are getting higher each year), you'll easily get a 7.