Printed Version of IB Diploma

bweissheimer

Hey everyone, so I finished the IB this summer and now that I am done with most of my remarks I was wondering if there is any chance of getting a printed version of the IB Diploma to add to your CV and stuff. Personally I think it's quite weird that we can only check it in the internet. I know that the IBO send handouts directly to universities and similar but I dont know how long that will last. So I would be very happy if I had an official document at home for my own use. Can we order it somewhere and how much does it cost? Thanks for your help in advance!

At my school the first graduated class was the class of 2012 so they decided to have the graduated class come back in November and they called it IB alumni day. So basically the graduated class came back, they were given their diplomas, then they came into our auditorium to answer any questions about college and IB that the other IB classes had. It was pretty cool to see them again and of course it was awesome to get out of class for a while ;)

My school sent ours through to us in the post around November time of the year we finished the IB as well, but I know another local school had a little ceremony type thing. I had a grade changed through a re-mark so they decided to send me two diplomas with different marks on, which was kinda weird!

If I were you I'd just put the grades on your CV as normal and carry on. I've never had a single use for the printed version of the diploma.. yet. And probably never will, considering that when you get a degree the evidence for the tier below becomes kinda irrelevant! I've shown more people proof of my GCSEs than anything else :P I'm sure they'll believe you, way more than half of employers don't even know what the IB is. It's a good idea to try and put A Level conversions next to your IB Grades so they can make some sense of them.