Sign in to follow this  

Ab Initio Should I do Spanish ab initio or stick to French SL?

Hello,

I will be beginning the IBDP in September this year and I just have a quick question! I have currently chosen to do French B SL however I have heard this can be hard. I have done french for GCSEs and I expect an A grade. Is Spanish ab initio recommend for an ABSOLOUTE beginner with decent french knowledge? I aim to achieve around a 6 in the language B. Thanks in advance.

I got an A in GCSE French and a 6 in French B SL. I was in your position too in 2011 and hated every second of French but I see the 6 as my biggest accomplishment! Ab initio can be challenging too! Btw, I lived in the UAE too! What school did you go to?

Hello,
I will be beginning the IBDP in September this year and I just have a quick question! I have currently chosen to do French B SL however I have heard this can be hard. I have done french for GCSEs and I expect an A grade. Is Spanish ab initio recommend for an ABSOLOUTE beginner with decent french knowledge? I aim to achieve around a 6 in the language B. Thanks in advance.

Languages in AB intio are usually really easy I did one year French HL before I change to chemistry and it was not that difficult for me but I think spanish ab initio is easier