Sign in to follow this  

'It's all about being hard working.'

This is my first year of dp and all the teachers kept on telling us you got to be harding working to achieve high grades and things like that.

Since this is my first year and school has just started I'm really nervous and anxious about dp.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions about doing dp (or just anything I should be aware of really)?

My subjects are:

HL Visual Art

HL Design and Technology

HL Business and Management

SL Math

SL Chinese (Language&Literature)

SL English (Language&Literature)

This is my first year of dp and all the teachers kept on telling us you got to be harding working to achieve high grades and things like that.

Since this is my first year and school has just started I'm really nervous and anxious about dp.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions about doing dp (or just anything I should be aware of really)?

My subjects are:

HL Visual Art

HL Design and Technology

HL Business and Management

SL Math

SL Chinese (Language&Literature)

SL English (Language&Literature)

don't procrastinate.. it may sound funny with all the IB memes and all.. but seriously, get your work done on time..

• Like 1

Just try for the first month to start really well, earning good grades. The next months will be easier as you will already learnt to hard-work and might be a routine for you :) Oh! And for DT HL, try to do all the projects perfectly, by the end of the course youll think they are a lot of projects for just a 6% of your total grade, but they will contribute a lot to your Major Project :)

• Like 1

Most of you're subject will require you to be amazingly organized. The best thing is to make sure from day one, all the you learn is places and very systematic manor. Make the notes easy to refer back to. Get into a routine and stick with it.

• Like 1

Just try for the first month to start really well, earning good grades. The next months will be easier as you will already learnt to hard-work and might be a routine for you :) Oh! And for DT HL, try to do all the projects perfectly, by the end of the course youll think they are a lot of projects for just a 6% of your total grade, but they will contribute a lot to your Major Project :)

Please don't laugh at me for asking me but what exactly do we do for HL DT? I know it's more about theories instead of practical works but mind telling me more about HL DT or DT in general? Thanks a lot :)

I can't answer your question directly, but I thought I'd tell you about the IB syllabus guides. They outline what you need to know, and what you need to do (assessments) in each subject. So if you haven't got them already, google them or ask your IB coordinator/teachers for them and then read them thoroughly. It'll give you a good outline of what the subject actually entails. :)

My other tip is just to do your homework, study consistently, make notes regularly, try to establish a regular sleeping pattern now, and learn/practice a lot, particularly before exams. :) These are obvious things, but the people who do this stuff are the ones who succeed more easily.

• Like 1

Please don't laugh at me for asking me but what exactly do we do for HL DT? I know it's more about theories instead of practical works but mind telling me more about HL DT or DT in general? Thanks a lot :)

Well, the amount of projects for DT HL and SL is the same as they have the same percentage in both courses. But, for DT HL, you just have to learn 4-5 topics more with their respective projects.

To be successful in IB you have to be willing to do a lot of work. Nearly everything is in essay format, so assignments can be time consuming. If you don't learn to manage your time wisely, it can pile up VERY quickly. At some points during the year, it seems like every paper is due all at once, and it can get hard. Stay on top of your assignments, don't get discouraged, and pay attention, and you should make it through. Don't stress! :phone:

Oh, and even though it seems like a normal thing to pull all-nighters based on some of these forums, don't. Sleep is key.

• Like 1

Working hard is important, your teachers are right :-p

If you manage your time then you will be able to take time off and relax!!

That's very important, in my opinion!

You're young - so take some time to enjoy yourself and don't stress!

Good luck :-)