World Studies EE Help- Genetically Modified Crops

meghanhiryak

I want to write a world studies essay using biology and environmental sciences (possibly another subject if necessary, math maybe? With statistics? I don't know I'm very confused as to what is expected of me with a world studies EE) about the global food crisis and how it can be solved using genetically modified crops. I am not sure how in depth and focused my research question needs to be though. I can go as specific as corn in different areas such as Kenya and the United States, or take it on a how this impacts the environment route if that makes any sense. But I'd like help as to what I need to do to make it more or less concise, please. Thank you :)

Environmental science is not my strong point, but you could try to narrow down your topic to a specific region or group of people. You could also focus on the ecological impacts (if any) and interaction with other corn crops/farmers.

Edit: Make sure that your topic is locked down to a certain subject area. Unless something has changed, the IBO will grade you based on the criteria of a SINGLE subject area. So while you can use statistics/biology/etc. in your EE, just be aware that you're only going to be graded on one of those areas.

Edited by JoeG
  • Like 2