Sign in to follow this  

IA IA: Wordcount thing

Hey guys. I have this question. Does titles and subtitles count as words in the Historical Investigation?
Thank you for your answer :)

That is, indeed, a very good question. From what I've heard from my teachers (even though I dont take History) is that they do not count towards the wordcount. I dont know if this applies for History as well, maybe someone that has asked about it in the class can tell you.

Umm, in any case, I would always verify it with a teacher that knows about the matter. Just in case, you know, the rules they apply to the essays they correct are different.

Good luck! :D

My teachers have said and I asked that same question on IBS in another forum and they all said that titles and subtitles DO count for history, unless its on the title page, contents, bibliography or a footnoot then it doesn't count.

But things like 'Part A: Plan of investigation' does count.

Subtitles and headings count. For this reason, make them as short as possible while still giving the reader all the information they need to tell what section they're in. I.e. "introduction, summary of evidence, etc."

If its part of the main body of the essay, it counts. This includes the subtitles "Part A: blablabla". What does NOT count is anything BEFORE the introduction/part A (aknowledgements, title/cover page, table of contents), the footnotes (which you might use not only for bibliography but for less-necessary explanations - if you need to take things off, you might want to put things there, remembering that in this case the examiner MIGHT or MIGHT NOT read/consider them), and the bibliography. Not sure you can have an appendix for IA, but if you can, it doesn't count either.

Hey guys. I have this question. Does titles and subtitles count as words in the Historical Investigation?

Thank you for your answer :)

My teacher ask the OCC and they told her heading such as Section A: plan of investigation don't count however if you use other heading to divide you IA then those do count