Advise on whether or not I should take Art HL level

wowyouaresolovelyx

So I just checked my IGCSE results and received a C grade for Art and Design...

The work I submitted isn't my best work because I finished them in a rush, but I still did not see that C grade coming....

I was expecting at least a B grade.....(My Art teacher at school always gives me grades

A, B)

School is starting in a week and I am not sure if I should still take Art...

I received A* and As for my other subjects!

At this point, I can only drop the subject entirely or continue to take it as a HL level..

Edited by wowyouaresolovelyx

Try talking to your teacher and your school about this. My school is pretty strict about HL subjects, they usually only allow students with a grade B or above to take that subject at HL. And be aware that Art HL is not easy, you really have to have the passion and motivation to do it, because there's a lot of work involved. I know this from first hand experience as I took Art HL for the first half term, and then I dropped it because it was too much for me. That being said, consider your options and if you really want to do it, go for it. Good Luck! :)

I loathed art class - even SL. Hl is just more hours and a bulked up IWB (Internal Work Book). I fought with my school for months so I could drop art completely. However, my roommate is in Art HL and does the Art Club - he loves it. So really it boils down to how you feel towards hours of tedious drawing and perfecting an IWB page. I couldn't stand it. But hey - whatever floats your boat!