(Theatre/Psychology EE) Help with psychology bit?

a.harding090

Hey everybody I'm new here and I really need some help with my EE. My EE title is:

"To what extent could the characters from Henrik Ibsen's plays, Nora Helmer and Hedda Gabler be categorized as archetypes according to Carl Jung's Theory of the Collective Unconscious?"

I realize that it sounds more like a psych EE but it's really more on the characters themselves (if they embody ONLY one archetype or if it's possible that they can embody two) and I would appreciate it if someone can explain in great detail (if you have the time) the mother and trickster archetypes according to Carl Jung. I've read about them over and over but I just can't seem to fully understand them.

Thank you! x

I haven't taken Psychology yet but I found a few links that look useful.

http://www.uky.edu/~aubel2/eng104/dreams/pdf/jung-mother.pdf

And... a book.

"On the Psychology of the Trickster-Figure" in The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious by R. F. C. Hull

AND another book

Four Archetypes: Mother, Rebirth, Spirit, Trickster by Carl Jung

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :confused:

• Like 1

I won't be of much help here, but the first and most important rule of writing your EE is to make sure your topic fits exactly, and I mean EXACTLY into the criteria of ONE subject. And that it only falls under one subject category. Before you write a single word of your EE, make sure there are no doubt about which subject it falls under, otherwise it'll get eaten alive.

• Like 1