Sign in to follow this  

Non-experimental Biology EE?

I was just wondering if anyone has had a good experience writing a non-experimental (research-based) Biology EE or has any advice on that kind of topic. I want to do mine on stem cell research and obviously I can't do those experiments myself. Is it really such a bad idea to do a research-based bio EE? Will I fail?...

Generally, research-based Biology EEs don't do as well as experimental ones. However, there are exceptions to every rule. As of now, your topic is pretty vague, and a tad cliche. If you get specific and tackle the topic from an interesting point-of-view, which plenty of data from other people to back you up on your statements, you should do fine. Fine, not great. It's a really risky thing to do a research EE in biology, so use extreme caution when choosing to do so.

Don't do a non-experimental biology EE. Biology EEs that don't have an experimental component tend to do very poorly, and you'll likely end up with a D at best. If you're serious about doing well on your EE, forget about this topic. It may be interesting to you, but you won't do well even if you write a beautiful essay. Find something else that you're equally interested in that you can perform an experiment with.

• Like 2