Urgent IA Help PLEASE!

eros

My Math Studies IA is due in next month and I've beeing changing my topic constantly but I think i've got an okay one Im going to stick to now:

What is the relationship between civilian deaths and the total population of a country in World War 2?

I know it's a bit simple and it's about history but I'll still be doing math calculations for it and Im not so good with math so that's why Im doing something so basic but is it okay though?

I can do these statistical tests with the data I've collected for civilian casulaties and total population and see if there is a relationship between the two?

Spearman’s rank order correlation

Chi-Squared test for Independence

Correlation/Linear regression

Student ‘t’ test

Least squares regression line

Correlation coefficient

Chi Squared

I've got 17 pairs of data for 17 countries - each has a number for civilian casulaties and its total population at the time. So im trying to see if there was a relationship between how many people died compared to the country's population. I've already done a scatter diagram and it's got a slight positive correlation

It seems a bit like a history subject but a new spin on the IA may be a good thing. It's definitely an unique idea. If you have as many data as you say you have and do all of the tests you listed it should turn out alright, but it depends on the grader. :dunno:

I know its a history based question but my teacher said to chose a topic you are interested in and Im not even going to be talking about the history part, it's all just statistics and numbers and finding out if there is a valid relationship or not