Do you support Obama? Why or why not?

Lan

as my title suggests, do you or do you not support obama? and why? there is a high possibility that he could be USA's next president, since he is in the lead right now. but do you think this could change in the next second? whether you want to admit or not, racism still exists now, esp in USA, where each and every race blends. do you think people could be so shallow that they will not vote for him merely for his skin color? i recalled my former English teacher told the class that one of his friends said," America is not ready to have a black president yet." do you support his saying or do you have a different view? please leave your comments because i'm so eager to hear them!! thanks

I hated how he basically ran his campaign on talk (change! change! change!) and not concrete plans. Whether or not you like Hillary Clinton, you have to give her credit for having ideas about what she would actually DO if elected. She was able to articulate her ideas on how to resolve issues, programs she would implement, etc., with details, while Obama came off as a lot more focused on style and less on substance.

In addition I thought his comment to the Tennessee GOP about them getting off his wife's back was ridiculous. If she is going to be an outspoken spouse, she should be free to attacks and criticism, as all public figures are. If he doesn't want her to be criticized, tell her to stand in the back and close her mouth - the Mrs. Bushes did that, and they were largely spared.

• Like 1

i think he should play a little bit more dirty to win.

I dunno, I think that would kinda defeat the purpose of what he's trying to accomplish. Playing it clean has worked for him so far--because he kept using the cheap shots thrown at him in his favour, he made Hillary look desperate and multi-faced since she had to constantly change her tactics. I don't see how that'll be any different with McCain.

Edited by Mr. Shiver

with what Lan said in the begin about peoplke not voting for him because he is black.... i have heare form a friend that he has a lot of friends who voted for obama only becase he was black. they felt it was racist if the did NOT vote for him so they voted for him only because of that reason. i still don't know who ia m going to vote for.....

with what Lan said in the begin about peoplke not voting for him because he is black.... i have heare form a friend that he has a lot of friends who voted for obama only becase he was black. they felt it was racist if the did NOT vote for him so they voted for him only because of that reason. i still don't know who ia m going to vote for.....

it just angers me so much that people are being so shallow. does his skin tone matters that much? i'm looking so much more other than skin color. i'm kinda s speechless right now. but at the end, do souls have color?

i am very much in support of Obama. I am currently living in the USA, and have been to see him speak in public, and while some of his ideas are a bit high and lofty, he does still have the continual enthusiasm and energy towards the job, and is young enough to not have been manipulated by Washington yet. I also greatly admire the way he has run his campaign, focusing on the small donations of everyday people, rather than huge contributors such as Hilary did. Yes, while Hilary did have experience and a firm command needed for the job of Commander in Chief, i am ultimately happy Obama recieved the Democratic nomination. What America needs now IS change, is a new direction, firstly in the position of a democrat, and then in someone like Obama.

it just angers me so much that people are being so shallow. does his skin tone matters that much? i'm looking so much more other than skin color. i'm kinda s speechless right now. but at the end, do souls have color?

i know exactly how you feel. it bugged me so much when i heared that. i am sure there were peopl voting for clinton just becase she was a woman too.

Even though I don't live in the US, I still support Obama. He seems like a young and fresh candidate and he is really convincing when he speaks. I think he will make a great president, but only time will tell...

Edited by cornflake

i know exactly how you feel. it bugged me so much when i heared that. i am sure there were peopl voting for clinton just becase she was a woman too.

It was like that in Finland too, our President Tarja Halonen basically won because she was a woman in the 2000 elections. Don't think it played such a big role in 2006, but lots of people still voted her only because of her gender :/

It was like that in Finland too, our President Tarja Halonen basically won because she was a woman in the 2000 elections. Don't think it played such a big role in 2006, but lots of people still voted her only because of her gender :/

GRRR. people need to vote for the people that will best lead the country. i personally think that Obama is a llittle young, but i am not sure how i feel about mcain. i don't know what i wouold do if clinton had gotten the nomination... my whole family doen't like her, but itsn't becase she is a woman. they don't agree with how she wants things done.... i peronally need to figure out the politicasl sytem of this place before i can make an informed decision. ineed to get cracking then.

Many people feel this way...but then again, America is still very conservative and largely influenced by a Christian culture. There is still censorship and people still have to tiptoe with stereotypes. Racism is still very, very present.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dragonb111

Not in this life. His wife is terrible. Don't even get me started on his pastor. All he can do is talk. He hasn't done anything really. He's a democrat. He has terrible plans of taxation. That's only scratching the surface.

• 2 weeks later...