Economics Extended Essay Topic

bobsmegdorf

Hi!

So I was trying to formulate a topic for my Extended Essay, and one thing that really stood out to me in the current news in India is the fluctuating gold prices (previously this year, gold prices dropped rapidly).

I was thinking that I could write my essay on the following topic:

"How do fluctuating gold prices affect consumer consumption of gold in the -insert city name here- area?"

What do you think? Can I write an Extended Essay on this? Is it too broad? Thanks for the help!

That sounds like a really interesting topic as long as you keep it specifically to an area. Just make sure that you have enough data from that particular area (hopefully you can do your own 'original research'). Also make sure you talk to your econ teacher because i am sure they could give you better advice than me!

• Like 1

Hi!

So I was trying to formulate a topic for my Extended Essay, and one thing that really stood out to me in the current news in India is the fluctuating gold prices (previously this year, gold prices dropped rapidly).

I was thinking that I could write my essay on the following topic:

"How do fluctuating gold prices affect consumer consumption of gold in the -insert city name here- area?"

What do you think? Can I write an Extended Essay on this? Is it too broad? Thanks for the help!

i think it's alright but do consider things such as whether the topic is too basic or not.. i mean in terms of the theories you would apply.. just demand/market equilibrium? think of all these before you finalise the topic..