Brienna

Okay, so my EE is on Human Rights and my topic is To what extent did the U.S. occupation of Iraq affect the treatment of women in Iraq? and I have 5 book sources along with a documentary and a barrage of articles from the web. Here's my book list..

Women and Gender in Islam: Historical Roots of a Modern Debate by Leila Ahmed

What Kind of Liberation?: Women and the Occupation of Iraq by Nadje Al-Ali

Mayada, Daughter of Iraq: One Woman's Survival Under Saddam Hussein by Jean Sasson

...and some others that I'm not going to bother listing right now. Anyways, these are the big three.

My question here is: How many times should I cite each source? Is this too many sources and will I be spread too thin, or should I cite one book many times if need be? How many citations should I have, on average? I know its going to be a lot but will it be a LOT? I need room for analysis...

Also, is my topic alright, or is it too general and unfit for a discussion over Human Rights?

(Sorry this post is a bit all over the place. I'm a bit lost here :dontgetit: .)

Ok, here is what my teachers told me.. Every single paragraph of the EE has to have a structure.. So they told it was afirmation + evidence + opinion/explanation + parcial conclusion... I did my EE in Literature, so I had to make the affirmation (that depends on what are you talking about/ on your question), then you give the evidence which means to make a cite of the book, then I had to explain a little bit about what I was talking about (Analysis) and in the end I was supposed to make a parcial conclusion that links to your next affimation in the next paragraph! ;)

Hope I helped!

• Like 1

About your question, My teacher would say that I won't be able to study the treatment of every single woman in Iraq, so she'd say that I have to narrow it by investigating about an specific place.. Also she would say that there are several ways a woman could be treated. I'm not sure if I'm being helpful but my teachers are vey strict and exigent! Good Luck ;)

Edited by dgmanchia

You cite as often as you need to and whenever you are using another author's ideas, words, or sentence structure that wasn't originally your own. Not every single paragraph may have a citation, and that's fine. You can use a source as much as you want, but just make sure you have a few different sources so it doesn't look like you're just relying on one source. Just be smart and you'll be fine.