Extended Essay involving Law

Blaze

Hello !

I am planning on studying Law at university. I was advised to compose my extended essay so it relates about Law.

I think I would probably do the extended essay in English L&L or in History, but I have no clue really what I could choose in those options that relate to Law of some kind. I was thinking about the censorship in China and how complex and advanced it is, how it slows down a whole nation. However, residing in China and going to an International School in Beijing, I thought this might be a little risky, especially if the Chinese government decides to read it.

I would like to write my EE about something involving Justice, Law and eventually relating to History (the French Resistance during WWII was maybe a topic I would like to investigate in).

However, I do not have many ideas for EE. Could you help me, give me some examples of some kind maybe ?

I am also trying to join the Security Council of the School for my CAS hours and the Speech and Debate club, as it would strongly help me for my future too.

Thanks.

Yours truly,

First of all, we cannot give you ideas for your EE. That's your job. Sorry

Second of all, you truly don't need your EE to touch Law in any way. Most universities won't care. My EE was on the Reformation of the Church in England, got into Law School just fine. I don't think any of my friends related their EE topic to the future degree and all got into universities just fine. Just write something that interests you, it'll make your life much easier, trust me. :)

• 4 weeks later...

My EE was on Shakespearean theatre and I got in to study law without any trouble whatsoever. They only encourage you to relate your EE to what you want to study at uni so that you have something to talk about your subject when you do actually apply. But rest assured, you can write your EE on whatever you want. Most people who did the IB at my uni did not do Law-related EEs, as far as I know.