Change of language from french to hindi.

modern.rocky

My high level courses are in maths, physics and chemistry. I had taken French as one of my subjects thinking that learning a foreign language would strengthen my application but I have been scoring very low at french and I am thinking to switch to my mother tongue Hindi from french so that I could score more. I plan to study engineering, will it really matter what my second language is?

Please help!

( Note: I am will start my 12th grade in September)

Edited by shaurya

Wow. HL Maths, Physics and Chemistry are (in my opinion) practically the 3 hardest HL subjects you could think to take.. So unless you're some kind of genius/super, super hardworking person I would definitely recommend you do Hindi, especially since you said that's your mother tongue and you're struggling in French! Also.. there's also no real benefit to doing 4 HLs, because 3 is enough and it just creates extra work for you to do.. and I'm sure your HL subjects will keep you more than busy!

Now, I don't live in France, but I also feel quite confident in saying that it probably doesn't matter what your second language is. I'm sure it's much more important to do Maths/Sciences, which you seem to be doing! You should look up the universities you want to go to and double check just in case though, on what subjects they require you to do. Although I now notice that you seem to actually be from France, so they/your universities might very well expect you to take French.. :/ so you should definitely check out the unis you're thinking of going to. I realise I didn't really answer your question straightout, but I hope this helps! :D

Wow. HL Maths, Physics and Chemistry are (in my opinion) practically the 3 hardest HL subjects you could think to take.. So unless you're some kind of genius/super, super hardworking person I would definitely recommend you do Hindi, especially since you said that's your mother tongue and you're struggling in French! Also.. there's also no real benefit to doing 4 HLs, because 3 is enough and it just creates extra work for you to do.. and I'm sure your HL subjects will keep you more than busy!

Now, I don't live in France, but I also feel quite confident in saying that it probably doesn't matter what your second language is. I'm sure it's much more important to do Maths/Sciences, which you seem to be doing! You should look up the universities you want to go to and double check just in case though, on what subjects they require you to do. Although I now notice that you seem to actually be from France, so they/your universities might very well expect you to take French.. :/ so you should definitely check out the unis you're thinking of going to. I realise I didn't really answer your question straightout, but I hope this helps! :D

I am an Indian living in France. I have started learning french this year, and i am doing it at the ab intio level. I just came to Paris a year ago and do not plan to go to universities in France. Anyways, thanks for the help. :D