Sign in to follow this  

Lab Report Problem in coming up with a suitable design lab topic for rates of reaction

Hi,

This is my first design lab, and I cannot figure out any research question in rates of reaction. Can you please give me examples of Research Questions with which i can work on (excluding clock reactions and design labs including HCl with another base) and something that is not very difficult as well? :-P

are you going to do this at home or at school? send me on__________ so I can send you a design i did on rates of reaction!

Edited by Sandwich
Please don't post email addresses publicly on the forum, as per forum rules. Thanks.

Research questions for rate of reaction are much simpler than you think. You could do something fancy like how does temperature affect the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide by a catalyst (either an enzyme, such as catalase, or maybe a transition metal catalyst). I think I did this for a practical last year. There's also concentration of reactants and surface area experiments that you could apply to a big number of reactions.

• Like 1

Research questions for rate of reaction are much simpler than you think. You could do something fancy like how does temperature affect the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide by a catalyst (either an enzyme, such as catalase, or maybe a transition metal catalyst). I think I did this for a practical last year. There's also concentration of reactants and surface area experiments that you could apply to a big number of reactions.

I was just gonna recommend that XD; basically how xx affects hydrogen peroxide (because it's common) by catalase. I also did this for regular Bio and it's quite easy to get results. I believe your research question has to be fairly specific too; it has to mention the magnitude of manipulations, mass/volume of substance used, etc. Otherwise you'll get a 1/2 for RQ which will make you sad. I remember that my teacher recommended RQs to be like 3~5 lines.