Writing an introduction for History essays/IA

Vliegeraar

Hi everyone,

So this is my first topic here. I am sorry if someone already asked the same question, but I couldn't find it anywere on this forum.

Alright, I am writing my History IA now and I am working on an introduction in the analysis part (D). Is it alright if I include the title in the introduction? (My title is: To what extent was the Second Balkan War of 1913 a disaster for Austria?)

Thanks!

Hey there!

No parts need their own introduction, that's just waste of time. You won't gain any points by doing that, and is thus pointless. Moreover, since you'll reduce the available word count for the analysis of topic, you might not be able to analyse it in the depth that is required in an IA, turning it into a more general analysis, or worse, a list of statements without analysis at all. This will only result in a great loss of points.

The only introduction in your IA should be the plan of investigation, which is section A. Just start directly with the OPVL analysis. Write the title of the source, its origins, its purposes, its values and its limitations. Do that for the second source as well.

Good luck!

• Like 2