EE Topic for Literature Help!

NaHyun Park

Hey guys I am struggling with my extended essay topic for my literature.

I have two topic in my mind and I want to know it is good for extended essay.

1.In what way lion king is similar or different as Hamlet?

2.How dose F.Scott.Fitzgerald described woman in 'The Great Gatsby' and another book he wrote?

(For this topic I am thinking to compare 'The side of paradise' or 'The beautiful and damned' with 'The Great Gatsby'.)

Is it good enough to start extended essay with these topic or should I find other topics..

Please help me out :( Thanks!

Your second choice is not a bad one although I would suggest you to word your RQ well. Nick Carraway's description of women (Daisy, Jordan, Myrtle, Catherine, etc.) certainly varies greatly from his description of the men in the novel (Gastby, Tom, etc.). This has particularly triggered critics to question Nick's sexual orientation. In any case, I am still doubtful about the scope of this RQ but picking The Great Gatsby is an enormous challenge, the book being so loved and popular. I haven't read other books by Fitzgerald although there is plenty to research in The Great Gastby. Good Luck :D