Written Task 2 help

Nico Valdés

Hello, this is my first time at this forum! I am from Uruguay and English isn´t my native language but I go to a bilingual school so it isn´t so difficult for me to communicate.

I am taking Language and Literature HL

The problem is that this week I have to give my first draft of the Written Task 2 about Part 1 and Part 2 of the syllabus (This year we did Task 1 about Part 3 and 4)

Do you think that I can take a speech from George W. Bush and play with his ideology? I mean transforming it into a speech made by a politician from the Democratic party.

I don´t know if there is any problem if the speech isn´t in the book but also I don´t know how to classify this, if it is part of Part 1 or Part 2. Please help me!

Regards,

Perhaps.

Some disambiguation needed here....

When you say WT2, do you actually mean your second WT 1 or (THE) WT2 critical response? they are different things entirely.

if the first, then: Which of the learning outcomes are you aiming to reveal through this? It all depends on your aims (the topic and genre follows on from this).

If the second, then which question are you treating?

Can't help you otherwise, if you do not specify.