IB Bio HL or Physics HL?

ditmemay

Which should I do? I am currently in Physics HL, and have a feeling that its gonna be a tough 2 years. We just had our first unit test, and so did Bio. Should i change? I plan to study medicine in graduate school, so physics or bio? I take chem and physics and business and english at HL, so i have 4 currently. I am doing well in everything except physics. I just worry, and its better to change now than later so should I change to Bio?

Thanks

I think biology is easier than physics in the sense that it's, to a great degree, pure memorisation. Also, biology will be a better foundation for medical studies (especially topic 6 for example which deals with human anatomy). If you really want to change and you're that worried, change as soon as possible.

You should do Biology HL. You said it yourself: you're better at memorising, and you're doing well in everything except physics. :)

I think it would also be a good idea to check what subjects the uni/degree you're going to do requires though. As in, if your dream medicine course requires Physics HL but not Biology HL then obviously you'd have to take Physics and just work harder to get into that course. Otherwise, if neither are absolutely required, then definitely go for the Biology. :)

But i feel that im better at memorizing, and i think i am stronger in the memorizing field of science rather than applying math to science, becuase im good at math but not amazing at it. so what should i do?

Then mate, do HL bio...that's what we've been saying, it's easier for people who are good at memorising.

Biology, in my opinion, is much easier in terms of understanding than physics.

If you aren't sure about entering med. then maybe stick to physics.

Because career choices change a lot, I suggest doing the subject you like or find more interesting. (You're stuck with it for 2 years)

BIOLOGY IS MUCH EASIER THOUGH!

Best of Luck.

Edited by Shay