ABC

laurz

Not likely. The focus in English A is purely on analysis of literary works, and giving you a task to write anything creative wouldn't be in line with the curriculum. It does depend on your teacher, but it's not likely to happen, as the benefits of doing so doesn't justify 'stealing' your time from what actually matters. If you want to write anything fictional, I'd suggest you do that during your spare time instead, and perhaps ask the teacher whether or not he/she has time to read it through.

I don't know about that- in my school we have English Language & Literature and English Literature. Eng Lit doesn't do creative writing, but for Eng Langlit, it is part of the coursework; specifically called Written Task 1.

That is correct, yeah. Had forgot all about the written tasks for some reason. But still, the 'creative' writing are often of a fact-based nature, since the texts have to be based on an article or something of the like. You won't be able to write just about anything you'd want to.

That is correct, yeah. Had forgot all about the written tasks for some reason. But still, the 'creative' writing are often of a fact-based nature, since the texts have to be based on an article or something of the like. You won't be able to write just about anything you'd want to.

Fair enough, so probably not 'true creative writing'.... although IB English is all about analysis as you said, so yeah, probably not the sort of creative writing the OP wants.