Sign in to follow this  

IA Math IA!

Hello! I am planning to do my Math IA on cancer. I am going to use statistics of mortality rate of cancer to see if death rate of cancer is exponential. My teacher doesn't really help or advice me with anything. I was wondering if it's too simple or is it okay?

Guest B.E.P.

Which level of math are you in?

Standard :)

Look, the topic as of now seems too simple, in my opinion (although I highly doubt I'm the best person to give you advice).

However, the idea is great! I think you just need to make it either more mathematical or more complex. Look at this example (http://www.teacherweb.com/MA/MysticValleyRegionalCharterSchool/MrZajac/IB-Math-HL-IA-Taks-09-10.pdf). This portfolio is one of the old tasks of the IAs for people in Math HL. Look at the one titled "Modeling the Course of a Viral Infection" and see how they tackle the math in it. If you can do something along those lines, I think you'll be on the safe side.

Guest Marioti

I think you should maybe make it a little more focused.

To me it seems a bit simple, but like said above, I wouldn't be the best person to tell you this.