Alright, so basically your written task 2 is the simplest written task you will get thankfully :P .

You will be given 6 prescribed titles such , in which you will have to choose one title in order to answer the works that have been provided to you.

For eg. One of the questions provided are 1) How could the text be read and interpreted by two different readers ?

For which I used a bennetton ad and answered the question.

The 6 questions given to you will remain the same but the works provided to you will change.

One writes two WT2 in their ib programmes and my second one was on Macbeth , where I used the same question.

The 6 prescribed title questions are :

1) How could the text be read and interpreted by two different readers?

2) If the text had been written in a different time or place or language or for a different audience ,how and why might it differ?

3)How and why is a social group presented in a particular way?

4)which social groups are marginalized,excluded or silenced within the text

5) how does the text conform to , or deviate from,the conventions of a particular genre,and for what purpose?

6) How has the text borrowed from other texts, and with what effects?

In my opinion the first question is the easiest and is the best to score in because it shows different perceptions which seems to be very analytical and interesting :)

Just remember that "two different readers" is not asking for two individual readers (with different opinions), but of what Robert Scholes, Richard Kern or Claire Kramsch would term readers representing two "different interpretive communities". It is crucial to be aware of this. Perhaps you are already, but I saw no mention in the previous posts of what the IB has already identified as a common problem with essays addressing this question. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1