Questions for Post-IBers in Uni

-._._.-

• 2 weeks later...

Were there any subjects that you found prepared you especially well for university? My teachers keep going on about history but I'd like an actual student's opinion.

I was prepared going into chemistry and math. You could definitely tell the difference from students who had taken (and did well in) advanced science classes in high school versus those that had a very weak foundation. I am not required to take a history course and haven't through this point (yay college that accepts credits), so it might be best to ask a student who's taken history. All the other subjects I took I didn't have to take again. Also when my second year writing course teacher said that we had to write a 10 page essay for our final exam, I was one of the few people who didn't freak out initially, since my EE was like 18 pages long.

How does the uni workload compare to the IB's?

Depends on your area of study. Some are a lot more intensive than others. I have a high workload because I'm in engineering, but it varies. This week I have a very light workload where the only thing I have due this week is a quiz and a midterm with no homework really, whereas last week I had two midterm exams back to back on top of lots of other things. I do more work in uni than I did in IB, but I have to.

Why is university so expensive?

Where should I apply? I want to do law with maths and art. Money isn't a problem.

thanks in advance.

I think you should apply to both Oxford and Cambridge because then everyone will think you're super smart and when you finish university as a lawyer who paints pictures of math equations everyone will give you all the jobs and money

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Where should I apply? I want to do law with maths and art. Money isn't a problem.

thanks in advance.

I think you should apply to both Oxford and Cambridge because then everyone will think you're super smart and when you finish university as a lawyer who paints pictures of math equations everyone will give you all the jobs and money

This has been a while but just to point out that applying to both Cambridge and Oxford is not available at undergraduate level. Perhaps do undergrad at one and then grad at the other? :) Though that is a guaranteed massive workload and competition.

thanks in advance.

This has been a while but just to point out that applying to both Cambridge and Oxford is not available at undergraduate level. Perhaps do undergrad at one and then grad at the other? :) Though that is a guaranteed massive workload and competition.

I think this was a joke question and joke answer - just Award Winning Boss being silly! :P But don't worry, you weren't to know! You are, of course, correct.

thanks in advance.

I think this was a joke question and joke answer - just Award Winning Boss being silly! :P But don't worry, you weren't to know! You are, of course, correct.

:eek::eek::what:

Feeling stupid. O well. Thanks for saving me(?)

As the Chinese say, aiyo...