2. “When the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems begin to resemble nails” (Abraham Maslow). How might this apply to ways of knowing...

karenzjl

HI all

I want some help on the 2# essay topic. .“When the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems begin to resemble nails” (Abraham Maslow). How might this apply to ways of knowing, as tools, in the pursuit of knowledge?

I think there is a lot of things to talk with empricism and paradigm, but I just can not come up with some good examples of those AOK.

Also I am struggling that whether there is any WOK in this topic

Thanks if anyone can help.

Edited by Sandwich

I suggest you start not with empiricism and stuff like that, but just start by finding examples. What real life examples can you think of, either from your own life or just generally, where this would be relevant?

And of course there are ways of knowing to talk about, it's even in the title that those are your prime focus! You know what the ways of knowing are, so just take each one and, using the real life situations you've thought of as a guide (try to come up with at least one situation where the quote makes sense and one where it doesn't) see how you can apply them.

For TOK you don't really need to know anything. You can get through TOK without even knowing what empiricism and paradigms are. The important thing really is just being able to think and being able to apply ways of knowing to reality. Try starting by doing that and hopefully things will follow on!

Once you've come up with some stuff, feel free to ask here for feedback or advice.

• Like 1

I'm not doing this topic, but something I heard that really got stuck in my head and I found useful for this topic -

"You can't expect a Mathematician to teach Psychology, they've both been programmed differently!"

It's not an exact help, but maybe you can get your brain revving? :D

• Like 1