Annastasia

Alright, so, my topic is on Existentialism and Albert Camus' 'The Myth of Sisyphus'. I'm not sure how many people have read it, but I am having a difficult time in creating a research question that is specific, yet allows much breadth for me to actually write 4,000 words on it.
I really need help forming a research question for my topic, since I am truly interested in it.
Any ideas?

You're required to come up with a research question yourself, as it's part of the marking criteria and by us giving you one, it constitutes plagiarism.

You've done the first step, which is identifying a particular area of a novel you're interested in. From here just narrow it down further. Existentialism is too broad, but you can look at the literary features of the novel that present the existentialist theme in the work. This can be by analyzing a particular character(s), symbols, language, etc. You just need to pick the one that pertains most to your work.

• Like 1

You're required to come up with a research question yourself, as it's part of the marking criteria and by us giving you one, it constitutes plagiarism.

You've done the first step, which is identifying a particular area of a novel you're interested in. From here just narrow it down further. Existentialism is too broad, but you can look at the literary features of the novel that present the existentialist theme in the work. This can be by analyzing a particular character(s), symbols, language, etc. You just need to pick the one that pertains most to your work.

Ahh, I see. Totally forgot about the plagiarism factor before asking this, oops haha.

I'm just not sure what aspect to talk about in Camus' essay 'The Myth of Sisyphus', but okay, great. Thanks!

Edited by Annastasia

Why did you pick it if you can't think of anything to write about?! My advice is to pick something where you feel inspired by it - if you're not really into your EE then it'll be even more effort to write and chances are you won't produce something as good!

Also, is this for English Lit or for Philosophy?

• Like 1