Biology Internal Assessment lab(about Transpiration)- Is my research question well focused? And would this experiment work?

Hellobox

I have two possible questions:

How does the maintained temperature of water constantly surrounding a ficus plant(a fig tree) affect the rate of transpiration?

How does the maintained temperature of the closed environment surrounding a ficus plant(a fig tree) affect the rate of transpiration?

If I change temperatures what's surrounding the plant, the water in which the plant is submerged (at the bottom) in is also affected so would this experiment work? Due to the fact I might be changing two variables instead of one.

Edited by Hellobox

As mentioned above, keeping temperature constant is a real challenge for any investigation, because it involves an enclosure of your test subject. Take into account that you also need to keep factors like water availability, light availability and CO2 levels constant, I imagine, as they are very important for a plant. Your research question does seem focused, although you shouldn't talk about a "ficus plant" but the specific scientific name of the plant. But well, the plant would need to be completely enclosed so it's difficult to record data.