Sign in to follow this  

Biology EE t-test help

Hey guys,

I'm doing my EE in bio SL and have problems preforming a t-test on my results as the t-table from the pearson IB book don't have all the values I need for my values, it ends at 0,5 p in the probability row when I have p-values up to 1,0 and I can't find any other understandable t-tables online..

If you have a better t-table or know something I can do about this please help

Thanks

I take bio SL, and as far as I know, the p value is something you determine on your own?

Usually the cut off is about 0.5-0.001, which is why your textbook has only up to these values in the table.

Also, a p value of 1.0 wouldn't exist, because that'd mean that you'd have 100% probability!

I think you may mean 10% probability, which has a p value of 0.10.

If the p value is over 0.05 then it's automatically statistically insignificant in any case. Are you sure you're using the table correctly?

Also, try looking for an online calculator, is my advice! There are plenty of free ones, just make sure you credit them in your EE.

• Like 1