EE-History-Topic Overdone?

surviveibnow

My Research Question is: “To what extent did Pope Pius XII fail to respond to the Jewish Suffering during the Holocaust?”

My question is: is this topic OVERDONE or TOO COMMON?

My new History teacher told me that it will be difficult to score high because this topic was used many times for EEs and Historians explored this Topic in detail.

Will the Examiner treat overdone EEs different although it could be very good? (Use a lot of Primary sources/Personal Interviews: representatives from Church/ History Professors)

WWII and the Holocaust is very overdone yes. So generally students are advised not to pursue it. If you do choose to however, then your EE needs to present an unique view of the topic...shed the matter in a different light, which would demonstrate to the examiner that you have analyzed the topic critically. Its not about how many interviews/sources you use, its how you analyze them and present them that is going to determine your grade in the end.

good luck :)

Thanks for the reply :)

It's kind of too late to change my topic now...

Would you agree that topics on WWII or Hitler can be interesting and "new for the Examiner" if the RQ is concentrating on a very specific aspect? (e.g.: the "infamous" German V-Weapons EE)

I'm just really worried about not having a "unique" enough view on this topic... and just ending up agreeing with a certain group of historians...

Edited by surviveibnow