Psychology Extended Essay Help!

Shereen Amro

Hi guys, I'm having difficulty coming with a research question for my Psychology extended essay but I have two ideas, I was wondering if you could give me your opinions on both and see which one I should go for or if I should alter them :)

1) What role or to what extent does Psychology play pertaining to consumer behaviour.

2) To what extent is anxiety more common in women than in men.

I don't take psych, so I can't really tell you whether your topic is too broad because I'm not familiar with the subject. However, your first topic sounds dangerously close to economics. I'd advise you to stick with your second one and hopefully someone here who takes psych can help you with the actual question - or your EE advisor.

I'm don't study psychology, but I think from a purely spectator point of view, that your second topic is rather broad.
I've read a few examples from the EE Guide (You should use that to narrow down your topics) and it tells us to decide upon a topic in the subject that we want to base our essay on. My ITGS extended essay is based on Technology in Education (A Broad Topic which has quite a few sub topics), you should try finding a topic first, then decide your RQ.

Hmm.. personally I find the first one much more interesting mostly because I don't like the abnormal behavior option at all (too bad it was compulsory :<). If you did the first one though I suggest narrowing it down a LOT. As it is it is ridiculously broad, you could narrow it down to a specific level of analysis (e.g. socio-cultural or biological) or even to a specific psychological factor (e.g. conformity). Although I think that if you use just one psychological factor it would maybe be too narrow... You should really talk to your supervisor! He/she is the one most able to help you in your EE ^^.