Studying for Economics HL

Hey,

I switched my curriculum from that of an Indian one (CBSE) to the IB. The Indian system was more textbook, definition oriented which meant that I had to often memorize lines of text. I wanted to know how I might get about studying for tests. Do I merely understand the concept or do I have to memorize? Would appreciate your inputs... In which case, studying chapters would take very little time, yeah?

you shouldn't memorise... understand everything well enough that you're able to put it in your own words when needed. you'll need to think critically and analyse things properly.. especially for economics.. i'm not sure if you studied it in cbse but i've seen some of their notes and i don't mean to be rude but they look quite ****ty.. i mean it's just cramming stuff up.. you can't memorise economics.. you need to be able to relate it to actual situations and things like that.. you're gonna love it if you do it that way..

always make notes in class of what you understand in class and then revise the same at home, as well as from text books.. hope i helped

Edited by MISHI
  • Like 1