Narrowing down my IA topic help.

SeniorStatus14

Hey, I finally figured out an IA topic that I don't think would be too overdone, but still has to do with the Holocaust. I would like to do something with the "Hitler Youth" program. The only problem is I'm having trouble narrowing it down to a focused question. Maybe something like, "To what extent did the Hitler Youth program successful?"

I know that question doesn't sound very good, I want to investigate what the program was about/ did and maybe it's effect on families or WWII?

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with historiana above. Success would be difficult to measure, especially considering the limited word count of the IA.

Maybe look at the effect the a hitler Youth had on other aspects of German life, I.e how it escalated propaganda or generated more support from other groups in Germany (women etc.)

I've always been so fascinated by the Hitler Youth, I recommend watching the movie Swing Kids as it gives you an idea of the youth opposition that was present at the time as well!

If you did want to measure success then definitely look at the youth opposition (the swing youth culture, edelweiss pirates etc.) and how despite the totalitarian regime, there was still resistance even amongst the young people.