Isotonic vs. Isometric Exercises design lab

SeniorStatus14

I have to design a lab on isotonic vs isometric exercise for Biology HL.I'm really confused. I know the difference between the two, but I don't know how to design a lab for it. Both types of exercise is good for you.

I know my question should be in terms of "The effect of X on Y" so would maybe "The effect of Isotonic vs. Isometric exercises on a person's pulse" work?

For example, my teacher wants this to be a very basic lab with a very good write up and she wants us to have 5-10 test subjects. So if I had like 8 random students do 15 (or 20) pushups take their pulse and then let them rest for 2 minutes, and then had the same students do a 1 minute plank hold check their pulse to see which type of exercise causes the person's pulse to raise the most, would that count as a good basic lab? Of course to start I would take each student's resting heart rate.

Well, the Design section is, in my opinion, the easiest part of the report. You just have to get used to it and voilá! So, well, the research question is a very important part of the design so I am pretty sure we are not supposed to state it for you. Either way, you already know what your independent variable is: the type of exercise that the person is doing. And your dependent variable would be the pulse.

It is really simple, and your research question sounds good, although it could be better. Maybe you will want to focus in the difference that exists between the pulse-rate change for both of the exercise types. You need to state what your materials were, how did you control variables, error margins for stuff like stopwatches and write a procedure that will allow you to collect sufficient data.

Thank you! Sorry my question didn't come out clear I didn't want anyone to give me a question, I just wanted to make sure my question sounds ok and if not tips on how to fix it. Your advice was excellent! She wants us to run the lab and design it so that way she can just send out our top labs so we pretty much design all our labs. Lol.