Sign in to follow this  

Economics in University

hey, i was wondering if someone knows about the different courses for economics offered by universities. what are the different types? i've seen 'econometrics' quite a lot.. what exactly is that?

Guest B.E.P.

hey, i was wondering if someone knows about the different courses for economics offered by universities. what are the different types? i've seen 'econometrics' quite a lot.. what exactly is that?

I'm not entirely sure of the different types of economics, but I know that econometrics is basically the math of economics, which involves statistics and calculus.

It depends on which country you are looking at. For the US, econometrics is a core course all economics majors have to take and deals with regression analysis, basically a harder version of statistics. The different forms of economics include business economics, international econonics, environmental econmics, economics and public policy, etc. The divisions and categories of economics become more prevalent at a Masters or PhD level - for undergraduates, most US universities just have B.A or B.S in Economics and then you can have specilizations within the major.

• Like 4

It depends on which country you are looking at. For the US, econometrics is a core course all economics majors have to take and deals with regression analysis, basically a harder version of statistics. The different forms of economics include business economics, international econonics, environmental econmics, economics and public policy, etc. The divisions and categories of economics become more prevalent at a Masters or PhD level - for undergraduates, most US universities just have B.A or B.S in Economics and then you can have specilizations within the major.