Moving schools and staying IB

Harrigon

Hey guys im just a bit confused right now with my scenario. Right now the school that i go to is ok, but not the best IB school. That said, i seem to be doing well enough at it and am predicted to go rather well, even though i am just under one year in. My problem is that i was recently told by my parents that i will be moving at the end of the year, but we dont know where all we know is that it will be to another country. It will be to an international school though and the majority of them do the IB curriculum. My question is has anyone here transferred with IB before and if so did it work out well, were there any complications?

The most importnat thing is that the other school has the same subjects you have now. Futhermore, you have to talk to the teachers there, because every teacher has the right to do the syllabus in any way he pleases, so the order of topics may be diffrent than in your current school. I have no experience in changing schools, but in my eyes, these are the most importnat problems.

Good luck,

Pia

Guest B.E.P.

I have a couple of friends who changed schools. As stated before, make sure you contact the school to know which classes they offer.

Also, contact the teachers - this is not for the syllabus itself, but for the IAs. This is especially problematic at a school that might have already done their orals while you might not have (or vice versa).

However, usually there is always a way around it. A friend of mine who was taking Economics SL (and hated it) at my school transferred to another school where they didn't have Economics SL, but they had Geography SL as a one-year course - which she gladly did.

• 3 months later...

1) Find out what classes the other school offers (and see if they have all of your subjects)

2) Speak with your current teachers about what points of the syllabus you have covered already (and which not yet).

3) Try to email the other school about which points they have covered already.

I hope this (sort of) helps :)